perfectplannerI prefer a good o’l paper planner.

Yes I said it. Ms. Geek herself has attested that despite her aficionado for digital tools and mobile apps, there is absolutely nothing like a a hard copy calendar/diary/journal/planner that I can physically see and touch. I have used one since my adolescent days (yes, those dreary school planners started it all!). And by the last month of the year I am already on the hunt to find one that is perfect for my needs.

Curating it is not very easy. I do a lot of things and I need a planner that can also accommodate the myriad of tasks, roles, and projects I often undertake. In the past I have even resorted to using two to three planners in a year just to segregate my activities. Though I manage to be organized it was not an efficient way of doing things.

But alas I have found the perfect planner…actually make that plannerS. In my quest I realize there are a lot of planners out there that are excellent choices. From hardbound, to printables, to create your own, I thought best to share this information with all of you since you may be in the same predicament as I was when searching for the right tool that will organize your life and help you keep on top of things.

Here is my list:

Image by AVirtuousWoman.org

Image by AVirtuousWoman.org

(1) This is My Life 2015 Planner

Photo by PassionPlanner.com

Photo by PassionPlanner.com

(2) The Passion Planner

Photo by Daydesigner.com

Photo by Daydesigner.com

(3) The Day Designer Planner

• Also known as the ‘mindful strategic planner, this was created by Whitney English
  • A planner that aims to balance and organize one’s life. Contains an Yearly, Monthly, and Daily calendars, short and long term goals, daily gratitude, appointment book, life coach, To-do lists, Expense tracking, Meal Planning, Don’t Forget List, and many more!
  • $60 in a brass-finished spiral bound notebook format, over 270 pages
  • Size 9x9x1.25, at 2.5 lbs.
Migoalsplanner

Photo by MiGoals

(4) MiGoals 2015 Diary Hard Cover Kraft Gold

Photo by KITLife

Photo by KITLife

(5) KITLife Keeping It Together 2015 Classic Daily Planner

• Created by kitlife.net that has a motto ‘Keeping It Together’.
  • A planner that offers standard management features, plus fitness goals, gratitude, holiday planning, budgeting, and quarterly progress check-ins.
  • Costs $55 for a metallic gold coiling bound planner
  • Size 8.5 x 8.5 x 1.25, weighs 2.3 lbs.
  • Contains a front and back vinyl zipper pocket, icon stickers, paper clips and sample trackers
Images by kikki-k.com

Images by kikki-k.com

(6) kikki.K 2015 Cute Daily Diary

• Created by Australian company kikkiK
  • True to its name this planner contains the standard planner pages such as weekly page view, monthly view, perforated notes,  plus very cute stickers.
  • Soft bound, approximately 8 x 6.7 inches
  • Includes a removable notebook
  • Additional pages has an organizer for websites, wish lists, restaurant and bars lists, books and movies lists
  • Has an adorable ribbon page marker
  • Costs approximaely $30, plus $10 International shipping
Photo by Romane

Photo by Romane

(7) 2015 Romane Eat Play Work Wirebound 365 Dated Diary Scheduler

• Made by Romane
  • A lovely planner using that features a monthly and weekly scheduler, as well as note pages
  • Wire bound with a PU synthetic leather cover and pen holder
  • Has 144 pages, approximately 7 x 9 inches
  • Comes in various colors of red, peach, silver, gold, mint, and black
  • Costs $20.90
Photo by Donbook

Photo by Donbook

(8) 2015 Donbook Dated Diary Scheduler

• Made by Donbook
  • Small but pretty effective planner, and absolutely pretty too
  • Has 272 pages separated into various sections with a ribbon bookmark
  • Bount by a soft synthetic leather cover with durable snap button, and storage flaps in the front and back covers
  • Comes in various colors, such as scarlet pink, Mint blue, Cherry hot pink, Apple green, Rose pink, Red wine, Navy, Real red, Hot pink, Aqua mint, Blue green, Peach, Blue, Lilac, and Pink
  • Has index and marker stickers
  • Costs $29, size 4.7 x 6.5 inches

So which one is your favorite?

63 Responses to The Perfect Planner

1. Tanya says:

Are you not aware of the Wrin Condren planners? Or are you just not a fan?? I LOVE mine!

Hi Tanya – Erin Condren’s personalized stuff is wonderful! I have purchased a couple of notebooks from her 🙂 I am aware of Erin Condren’s Life Planners, but for this post I had to weigh in on the availability of the planner for purchase (I know that most of her selections are sold out) and what the pages look like (this one Erin Condren did not have in her site so there is no way I could inform my readers what the planners features were). There are also other planners like from ABeautifulMess.com, but as I mentioned I could only mention the ones I could really spend some time looking over 🙂

2. Emma Deerful says:

The Passion Planner looks perfect – I try to be almost completely paperless but wonder if I’d be more organised if I had a physical planner to write things down in. Maybe that’s something to try in 2015!

3. censie says:

I love my Life Planner from Erin Condren!

4. Becky says:

I collect planners and composition books. But wow! Passion Planner is amazing!

5. Andi says:

I’d have to go with Passion Planner, I can’t wait for my physical version, but I have been using the pdf for a couple of weeks and love it!

6. Deidre says:

I love planners but I am the WORST at keeping them up. I need to be electronic.

7. I love paper planners as well. Erin Condren is my bestie.

That’s wonderful Lauren 🙂 I like Erin Condren too and her interchangeable covers. In style it is very similar to the Day Designer, except that Erin Condren features a Weekly Spread, whereas the Day Designer gives you a whole page per day. 🙂

8. victoria says:

Can I get them all? Lol.

9. Lindsay says:

Ooo this is very helpful! I am in need of a planner for work 🙂

10. Those planners are all so cute. I love planners but I can’t write because of a disability in my hand so I do everything electronically. I’m grateful for the fact that we have electronics but paper planners are so pretty.

11. I think I like the Passion Planner the best. My to do list planner is about to run out of pages. I need a new one.

12. upliftingfam says:

I need a bloggers planner. My blog is getting huge and I need to get more organized. I’m a fly by the seat of my pants blogger.

13. I am a collector of planners and these are all sooo cute!!

14. redheadloves says:

I bought one of the Kate Spade planners at an event a while back and I absolutely adore it! I love writing everything down. It really helps me to keep it all straight in my head!

15. I have a pretty notebook that I can’t live without. I write To Do lists in it every day!

16. Myrabev says:

I am looking for some planners so these look like great options, I like them all maybe because they look so cute and used nicely mine never look this cute when i use them

17. akismet-2e85aae2719a0e7f282405a0e8ab42ee says:

I love planners but in the end am horrible at using them! Nothing beats my online calendar that merges work and play!

18. Rachel says:

I liked 6 and 8 – the diary type planners! Well researched and thought out.

19. I’m a total Erin Condren girl, I’ve bought her planners for the past 3 years now. These ones are cute too though!

Thanks Kendall! I adore Erin Condren’s planners too! She didn’t make my list this year only because I prefer the Day Designer (which is similar in size and format to hers) which offers full page for the day instead of the whole week spread out. But Erin Condren’s stuff is amazing! I’m still a fan 🙂

20. So many choices! I want them all! I feel like I’m obsessed with the idea of planners but then I never use them… maybe that should be one of my New Years Resolutions 😉
    xo Caitlin

21. You know, I love how planners look and I love the idea of them, but I have never been able to actually keep one properly. I have always been more into to-do lists scribbled on paper pads, and then toss them once they’re done, but maybe, I should try again!!

22. Happy New Year’s Eve. Wishing you all the best.

23. I get my planners from Plum Paper Design on etsy but I’m really interested in the Passion planner. I have a planner addiction. Sigh. lol.

24. thedeb83 says:

These are so cute! I’ve tried paper planners but I’m much more digital. But these look really nice. I like the idea of the passion planner.

25. Rachel says:

Still in love with the diary planners!

26. I am excited to get the Passion Planner for free. Thanks for sharing the link.

27. Tricia Blisd says:

Love Planners, I totally agree that the need to physically touch and see each day/week/month is necessary

28. Rebekah says:

Great review of affordable planners! Thank you!

29. Great post! Thanks for linking up with Motivational Mondays!

30. yaitza says:

I am a planner fanatic… I am with you I do love my phone and other techie tools to keep organize but there’s nothing like writing things on paper… I love PaperPlum planners ;o)

31. […] Here are some examples of great planners and calendars to get you […]