craftsy

Craftsy is an online learning platform where you can learn when, where, and how you like.

If you have seen my First Fondant Cake’ post, you will notice the first thing I wrote is “I am not a baker.

It’s true. I only took up this hobby very recently. Two months ago, in fact. And ever since I have been on a roll.

I have concocted some homemade Macarons, a Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, Buttercream Icing, Lemon Curd, more fondant cakes, and a few more goodies.

This new creative endeavor stemmed from reading baking books and looking at videos online.

But my skill has increased and love for this activity deepened after I became a Craftsy user. My first try at Craftsy was a class called Modern Buttercream, taught by Joshua John Russell.

It was fantastic! Not only did I learn how to make this delicious icing, I also learned some of this techniques in layering a cake!

You could say I was hooked because my next two baking classes were: Clean & Simple Cake Design and Advance Fondant Techniques. I can’t wait to move on to the other exciting lessons!

But here’s a fantastic opportunity for you. See below for details:

Who:

Craftsy is a passionate community of creative learners. They offer professionally designed videos taught by experts on different types of classes, such as cake decorating, cooking, crocheting, knitting, jewelry-design, paper crafts, sewing, quilting, home and garden, and many more. Because the platform is virtual, anyone can take the class on their own time and view them as often as they like.

Craftsy is offering the + Stash-Busting Paper Craft Projects is a (free!) PDF guide, written exclusively for Craftsy, featuring 25 pages of beautiful photo tutorials, along with expert tips and tricks from renowned scrapbookers and card makers. Download it instantly for free now (you can print it easily if you’d like) and enjoy it forever in the comfort of your own home or even on the go.

What:

FREE lessons!

That’s right. You heard it right!  Nada. Zero. Absolutely no out of pocket cost.

Craftsy is offering an array of mini-courses for you to try without shelling out a pretty penny. These lessons are shorter in length than the regular courses and features student-led discussions, but they give you a great flavor on what it is like to learn from the Craftsy platform!

With summer coming up, why not keep yourself and the kids and teens busy with some lessons!

Here is a sample of their free mini-courses:

BAKING:

Craftsy

If you feel you are ready for the full size courses that are offered, Craftsy has a lot of awesome deals!

SEWING/KNITTING/QUILTING:

• Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
  • Sewing Machine 911: Give your sewing machine some TLC with the help of this free course. Learn to clean and maintain your sewing machine with tips and tricks taught in this class.
  • Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
  • Short Rows: Don’t fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
  • Amazing Crochet Textures

DRAWING/PAINTING:

OTHER DIY/HOME/CRAFTS:

*Disclosures:

Related Post

Tagged with →

46 Responses to Free Craftsy Mini Courses: DIY, Baking, Drawing, and More!

I am so not crafty and I would love to take a couple of these knitting courses. I had no idea there even were classes like this available.

What I like about it when I tried them Robin is that I can control my pace. I like that the classes are in professional video format. Instructors are very detailed too. I can stop and go whenever I want.

2. Kait says:

This looks so cool to me! I’m not too crafty, so I think this could be helpful 🙂 I clicked over to some of your recipes and oh my word — they look amazing!

3. That sounds like fun and I am thinking there are a lot of school kids out there who would enjoy this!

4. I haven’t tried a Craftsy kit, but they look like so much fun. I think it’s a great activity to share with others too for a girl’s night in or with the kids on a rainy day.

5. I am so not crafty but it’s on my 50 before 50 list to take a cake decorating class.

6. Amber NElson says:

I am not crafty, but this looks like the perfect kit to get started. My kids would love it.

This is perfect for anyone who is into baking and would like to learn more techniques. I love that you don’t have to spend too, it’s really amazing! This is going to be an aspiring baker’s dream come true!

8. Oh man, I think I need to stay off this site until school is over in a couple of weeks because I’m pretty sure I’m going to get sucked in lol! It looks like there are so many great options!

9. I have been wanting to learn more about baking. This is so neat, and I love how easy the courses seem to be. I will have to check this out!

10. Paula says:

I’d love to learn a bit more about my sewing machine. I know how to use it for the basics but I’d love to know some more advanced things about it and how to use it.

11. Emily says:

These classes sound so helpful. I know the basics of using a sewing machine but would love to take a class to learn more.

12. I’ve been wanting to learn a craft for the longest time. I know basic crochet stitches and I would love to take it to the next level. Thanks for letting us know about these mini-courses. I will check them out!

13. That’s a lot to offer in a free course. Summer break is coming and I have a few fun crafty ideas on my summer to-do list.

14. It really sounds like a great way to spread the arts. I would personally choose to engage in all of them should I have the time!

15. Sheri says:

I know nothing about knitting and sewing, but I would love to learn how to make a quilt. My little one is almost a year old and I would love to make him a quilt.

16. I love Craftsy and am planning to take advantage of several classes this Summer! They’re great for tweens & teens, too!!!!!

What a fun idea. I am not crafty but sometimes make cupcakes and cookies. I may look into a class to make them look pretty.

18. Aprill says:

Thanks for sharing! This looks like a really fun idea.

19. What a fabulous list. I hadn’t realized that the offered free mini courses. I need to try some of those out.

20. I use a similar service for photography courses but I had no idea there was one for getting crafty too!

21. Taylor S says:

Wow I didn’t know such a thing existed – the cake ones sound awesome!

22. Kathy says:

This is great! I need to check it out. I’m not very crafty, but I still love doing crafts. This could really help me out too.

23. Wendy says:

I am not crafty…at all. But, two of my three kids love crafts. I should really do something like this.

24. RonRon says:

This is amazing. INteresting indeed. Would love to be a part of this too!

25. Kiwi says:

I used to be such a crafty girl and I kinda fell off. The industry is growing and I would love to take a course to see what is trendy now!

I see posts about Craftsy but have not heard a review yet! Thanks for sharing! I will have to take a look what’s available!

27. Denea says:

i have no type of DIY bone in my body! Thats amazing how much you have already accomplished!

28. I would love to take a couple courses! Sounds like so much fun! 🙂

29. Mimi B says:

I thought being crafty would be easy until I tried to do it on my own. Learning how to do something like quilting and gardening really speak to me! There’s so much I want to learn or get better at.

30. I’ve found this site once before, bookmarked it and haven’t had a chance to actually look at it. But I am trying to be a better crafty person. I have tons and tons of craft stuff but it just sits around in totes.

31. I think there are some awesome options through craftsy! I haven’t tried a class yet, but have been thinking about it for sometime!

32. Sewing is on my list of must learn! I will have to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

33. Oh awesome! I love Craftsy and I’m a self proclaimed e course junkie! Can’t wait to dive into some of these!

34. Oh wow this is really cool, I am a fanatic of crafts I even decorate my EC planner and have tons of craft paper, stickers, glue you name it lol… so these mini courses sounds like something I would love doing on my spare time. Thanks for sharing it!!!

You’re welcome! I love that this is free because it allows you to try out the Craftsy platform. That’s what I did. I tried the free ones and ended up buying two more classes as a discounted rate 🙂

35. Danne Reed says:

This is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing this! It’s time to bring out the artistic and crafty side of me! I

36. i’ve been dying to try craftsy. it looks like such a cool way to learn new things, and do it at home. definitely need to check this out.

37. Cathy Mini says:

I love Craftsy! I’ve been using them for years–such a great way to learn a lot all right from the comfort of home 🙂