If you have seen my ‘First Fondant Cake’ post, you will notice the first thing I wrote is “I am not a baker.”
It’s true. I only took up this hobby very recently. Two months ago, in fact. And ever since I have been on a roll.
I have concocted some homemade Macarons, a Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, Buttercream Icing, Lemon Curd, more fondant cakes, and a few more goodies.
This new creative endeavor stemmed from reading baking books and looking at videos online.
But my skill has increased and love for this activity deepened after I became a Craftsy user. My first try at Craftsy was a class called Modern Buttercream, taught by Joshua John Russell.
It was fantastic! Not only did I learn how to make this delicious icing, I also learned some of this techniques in layering a cake!
But here’s a fantastic opportunity for you. See below for details:
Craftsy is a passionate community of creative learners. They offer professionally designed videos taught by experts on different types of classes, such as cake decorating, cooking, crocheting, knitting, jewelry-design, paper crafts, sewing, quilting, home and garden, and many more. Because the platform is virtual, anyone can take the class on their own time and view them as often as they like.
That’s right. You heard it right! Nada. Zero. Absolutely no out of pocket cost.
Craftsy is offering an array of mini-courses for you to try without shelling out a pretty penny. These lessons are shorter in length than the regular courses and features student-led discussions, but they give you a great flavor on what it is like to learn from the Craftsy platform!
With summer coming up, why not keep yourself and the kids and teens busy with some lessons!
Here is a sample of their free mini-courses:
- Modern Buttercream: Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
- The Hand-Painted Cake: Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen’s freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin’s tips and tricks.
- The Wilton Method: Creative Cake Pops
- Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
- Sewing Machine 911: Give your sewing machine some TLC with the help of this free course. Learn to clean and maintain your sewing machine with tips and tricks taught in this class.
- Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
- Short Rows: Don’t fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
- Amazing Crochet Textures
- Spectacular Stamping
- Beautiful Wirework Jewelry
- Bonsai Wiring Essentials
- Create Stunning Birthday Cards
- Transform Your Garden Design
- Craftsy reserves the right to discontinue or modify this offer at any time without notice.