Egg Salad Sandwich Spread has become a staple in our household.

I love creating dainty teatime sandwiches with it and my teen favors it as her go-to snack. It is actually one of those no-bake / no-cook recipes that takes less than twenty minutes to make.

Here’s sharing with you how to make this delicious spread:

Step One: Gather your Ingredients:

• 8 Large Eggs
  • 3 to 4 sticks of celery
  • Mayonnaise
  • Spices: Pepper, Salt, Paprika
  • Optional: Honey Mustard

20140428-231355.jpg

Step Two: Make hard boil eggs.

Bring 8 to 10 cups of water to a boil using a 6 to 10 quart Stock Pot. Place the eggs on the stock pot and cook them for about 7 to 8 mins. Test one egg to see if it is hard boiled.

20140428-231403.jpg

Step Three: Peel the Eggs.

Remove the boiled eggs from heat. Drain the hot water and replace with cold water. Let it sit for about 3 to 5 mins. Then take each egg, lightly crack and roll it onto a chopping board or a clean kitchen counter to easily remove the hard shell.

20140428-231419.jpg

Step Four: Slice and Dice the Eggs.

20140428-231427.jpg

Step Five: Place the chopped eggs in a large mixing bowl.

20140428-231436.jpg

Step Six: Slice and Dice the Celery Sticks.

Chop the celery sticks and add it with the diced egg in the mixing bowl.

20140428-231451.jpg

Step Seven: Season the mixture with paprika, salt, and pepper, approximately 1 teaspoon each.

You can add mustard, if you prefer, also one teaspoon full.

20140428-231506.jpg

Step Eight: Fold the mixture until everything is well incorporated. Do not overmix.

20140428-231513.jpg

This yummy Egg Salad Spread is ready to be used to make sandwiches! I love using it to serve with crackers too! Make sure you keep your spread sealed on a airtight container and refrigerate it. It is fresh for upto 7 days, but trust me, it’ll be gone before you know it!

20140428-231524.jpg

Have you tried making egg-salad spread before? What other ingredients do you add?

31 Responses to Egg Salad Sandwich Spread

1. YUMMY!! I do like a good egg salad sandwich. It’ my go to everytime. I love that you put celery in yours.

2. bellaboos41 says:

That looks great and we are going to try, it with mustard

3. I am a huge egg salad fan! This looks great. I need to try the tip about keeping the egg moist when peeling!

4. My dad LOVES egg salad! It is his favorite kind of sandwich. This post just brought back so many memories of me making them for him 🙂

5. Terri Steffes says:

I love egg salad but I don’t put celery in it. Just not a celery fan but I love the idea of some crunch in it. Thanks for sharing, now I want an egg salad sandwich!

6. There is nothing like a good egg salad sandwich. I’ve tried a few recipes, but always come back to the basics. I’m definitely going to add some celery to next time. Love the crunch.

7. Kim says:

This would be great to keep in the fridge for quick sandwiches during the week! Looks good.

8. Cathy Mini says:

Making this tomorrow for lunch–thanks so much for the recipe inspiration! Can’t wait to give it a try with my family!

9. Liz Mays says:

Yum! My family really likes egg salads for work lunches. This sounds like an awesome recipe.

10. Liz Cochico says:

I make this all the time! This is one of my family’s favorite sandwich spreads.

11. I make egg salad quite often in my house – BUT I can never get my eggs to peel perfectly. Like it drives me bonkers how much I can not get eggs to peel for me! I have tried everything

I’ve never tried adding mustard in my egg sandwich spread before! That’s something that I’d love to try. This looks really good, perfect for lunch or after school snacks!

13. Egg salad is one of my favorite foods. I make it all the time at my house! It is delicious AND super filling. I have never added celery to mine so I will need to try that out!

14. chei says:

Oh i love egg sandwich. My mom taught me to do this.

15. Wendy says:

This looks really good. I love the addition of mustard for a little bite. My husband would love this for lunch.

I haven’t had egg salad in so long and I was just noticing that I have a lot of eggs. Perfect timing that I read this recipe.

What I love about egg spreads is how easy they are to make and you can pretty much add any ingredient that you think will go well with it! This recipe is quite nice and I’d love to use this the next time I make an egg spread! Thanks!

18. This looks really good! I love egg salad and I need to make it more often.

19. You can never go wrong with a classic egg salad sandwich. They make my husband super happy haha

20. Akhil Sharma says:

Wow! quite fast, simple, and mouth watering. I never met a person who dislike classic salad sandwich.

21. tumbleweedsandbigdreams says:

I don’t know if I have ever had an egg salad sandwich before but these look really good. Is it kind of like a deviled egg in a sandwich?

22. Nicole says:

Wow! That looks eggilicious! I will try this, my son will definitely love this!

23. Ryan Escat says:

I love egg sandwich, this one looks really delicious. I should try this recipe.

24. Kendra says:

I’ve always loved egg salad sandwiches! I’ve never tried it with celery, but now I think I will!

25. I love egg salad, these look delicious!

26. Kiwi says:

You know I never made my own egg salad before. I would love to try this look super easy!

This egg salad sandwich spread looks divine. I do love eggs and they are such a good source of protein/omega 3.

28. Wow!! It looks so easy. I’ll definitely have to remember this!

Egg salad sandwiches are one of my favorites. I hardly make it myself but will have to give this recipe a try.

30. Denea says:

ooh yum I love a good egg salad sandwich. I love eggs after a workout, and sometimes dont want to cook after the gym so this would be perfect.

31. Just the thing I need! Spreads are always awesome, I love that this one has the right amount of spice and I’d love to add mustard.