Trays, baskets and clothespin.

Believe it or not these are my go-to organization tools. They are cheap, versatile, and really help me keep the clutter at bay.

I am obsessed with them. Every time I am out in any of my favorite department store, whether it be Target, Walmart, Safeway, IKEA, Crate and Barrel, and many others, I find myself shopping for these. My hubby would tell me, “Another one.” And my retort would be, “You can never have enough!”

Here is a sampling of how I use my baskets, trays, and clothespins:

(1) Cleansers, Liquids, Detergents, and Cleaning Tools are separated. If they are stuff for the kitchen, then they go into the kitchen basket. If it is for the laundry, then the laundry room gets a separate basket.

By organizing these I can take inventory once every eight weeks and see if I need more.

(2) These opaque trays from IKEA are so versatile! With the few that I have I use them to hold stuff in my bathroom, coffee machines in the coffee bar (to prevent any water spills into my granite countertops), and the photo below shows my most favorite hack – as a dish rack!

They help keep my kitchen counters dry and clean. And they are pretty reliable. I have used mine for over five years. The best part is they only cost $1.99!

(3) I can never get enough of clothespins. As you can see I have different varieties – from the wooden ones to the plastic variations.

My favorite use for these is to seal food items, from cereal containers, flour bags, rice sacks, and more. Think of them as your hack in lieu of ziplock bags. They really do keep items in place and fresh.

I also use them for holding together my spools of thread, for keeping my earphone cords and smart phone plugs organized, as well as holding several scarves together in one hanger.

Trays, baskets, and clothespins. Simple things, but go along way to keep my household organized.

What are your some organization arsenals? Or do you have other tools you use you can share?

57 Responses to Trays, Baskets, and Clothespins

1. robin masshole mommy says:

I am with you on the trays and baskets. I have them all over my house and everything has a tray or basket that it belongs in 🙂

2. What a great idea I would’ve never thought to use clothes pins to help keep the package is closed I just always use those chip bag clips.

Oooh, girl – I am with you on baskets and organizing! I love organizing and baskets are such a cute way to keep everything tidy and together! Love the IKEA ones!

4. Oh yeah. Baskets are my jam. Clothespins are really smart for keeping things sealed up, I will have to try that!

5. Chel Guild says:

Clothespins for the win! I also like magnetic clips to double as a fastener and to secure lists, notes and pictures to the fridge 🙂

6. These are some great tips on trying to stay organized! I think my favorite organizing is dollar store plastic bins! they come in such bright and cute colors that I can use in my kids’ rooms!

7. I really need to get more organized! Everything seems to turn into clutter right before spring. These are great ideas!

8. Ana De-Jesus says:

$1.99 that is so cheap and it really does help organize everything as well! I definitely need a clothespin as well that could come in handy x

9. Very good points! And you’ve picked some pretty affordable ones too! I also use wooden apple crates for things because I think they look ever so lovely even if they are exposed:) x

10. I love this! So simple yet so effective when it comes to organizing. I can pick these up at my local mart!

11. Indeed these are great organizational items! I also use baskets and trays. they’re so helpful!

12. I am obsessed with storage bins ! I love to go to the Dollar Tree and get a bunch of them to help organize the clutter.

13. annalisanuttall says:

You look very organized, I should use more storage bins for my clothes pegs and laundry stuff. xx

14. planningthemagic says:

Ikea is the place to go. It’s almost like target for me, I always spend way more than I intended when I go there.

15. reesann723 says:

What a great bunch of items that I would never think to use in these ways! I need to go stock up and get organizing!

16. Belle says:

Those are such great ideas to keep things organized! I would have never thought of using these to organize my stuff!

Belle | One Awesome Momma

17. cvnxena says:

These are definitely cool ideas for using everyday items! I am all for anything that keeps me organised!

We always have clothes pins around too. My daughter just used a bunch to hold together her fort. I also use clips for chips and also closing up other sorts of half used bags.

19. angela@marathonsandmotivation.com says:

I am working on organization around my house so this post is very helpful! I love all of these ideas!!!

20. thefashionableaccountant says:

I love baskets for organzing!! They are all over my house haha. I use them in my laundry room, under bathroom cabinets and next will be my pantry!!

21. These are really great ideas! It will really helps on organizing stuffs at home. I will definitely use this one!

22. We use a lot of clips in our home for organizing too!

23. I like to use canning jars to store my pens, pencils and highlighters. I also use trays to store the canning jars. I think it works out well for me.

24. The Everyday Mom Life says:

I love IKEA! I actually use baskets all over my house. They hold toys in most rooms but one or two have blankets in them too.

25. I’m all about baskets!!! I’m always buying them to organize something and my hubby just starres at me like really?! Another basket lol

26. Brittany says:

I use labels like crazy too! Ooh and mason jars. Hey re probably my favorite because they’re so versatile.

27. tata says:

Such a great way to organize!!

Happy Thursday! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

28. Jessica says:

Yes! Ikea!!!! They have everything! My favorite go-to organizer basket right now is anything wire. I’m a little obsessed with the farmhouse look, and wire baskets with liners keep me organized while hiding the clutter. Win-win! Trays are another favorite for sure. And why didn’t I think of using clothespins for chip bags!?! Great idea!

29. Karina Pacheco says:

I love recycling clothes pins and using them for a bunch of stuff including arts and crafts. P.S. I use clothes pins all the time to help keep bags sealed lol.

30. So true, trays, baskets, and clothespins are my favorites as well. I use hangers and paper clips too, to organize my stuff in closets and sometime hanging outside if I get a little creative about them 🙂