After feeling lukewarm towards my Summer 2017 Box, I was on the fence whether to continue subscribing to Adidas Avenue A.
Because I like the brand so much I decided to stay on and see what the Fall 2017 box would be like.
The Adidas Avenue A Fall 2017 Box was curated by soccer athletes, Kristie Mewis and Stephanie McCaffrey. They run a fashion blog called Sporting Chic.
For the curation of this athletic box they decided to combine a variety of gear that can support any type of training for every sport.
This box includes the following:
1. Adizero Tempo 9 Running Shoes – Adidas describes these as women’s shoes built for a light ride, that combines energy-returning dual-density boost midsole with an origami-influenced webbing design on the upper for a smooth, responsive ride with enhanced support and flexibility. It has a Stretchweb outsole that adapts and flexes to the way your foot hits the ground delivering a secure grip in wet or dry conditions. Retail price is $120.
2. Performer Strappy Tank – This workout tank top is perfect for hot yoga, the gym, or a spin class. Adidas describes this as a lightweight, moisture-wicking fabric that sweeps sweat away from your skin, while the stylish and strappy racer-back design allows for plenty of airflow. Retail is $28.
3. Halter Bra – The halter bra is a high-neckline bra that provides medium support. Adidas describes this as perfect for medium-impacting workouts like hiking and strength training. It has breathable padded cups that add support. The climalite material keeps you dry from warm-up stretches through the final workout. Retail price is $45.
4. Supernova 7/8 Tights – These are lightweight sweat-wicking tights that are seven-eighth length with climalite fabric. When using these for running they draw moisture from your skin for long-lasting dry comfort. The high-stretch build and double-sided fabric adapts to your body’s movement. The back mesh provides ventilation where you need it most. There is a drawcord on the elastic waist for an adjustable fit and a sweat-guard zip pocket that can store small essential.s Retail price is $75.
5. Adidas Wildcharge Training Sunglasses – these are durable sunglasses that feature a lightweight frame, a flattering oval shape and Traction Grip™ non-slip contact points on the temples for a secure fit. Durable Vision Advantage™ lenses offer optimal protection and scratch resistance. Retail price is $139.
Overall box content cost is $407. Which means this box only cost me 37% of its overall retail value!
But do I like the items at all?
Oh do I ever!
All the contents of this box is fantastic! The colors are bright and energetic. They may not all mesh well together, but since I have a lot of blacks and grays in my athletic wardrobe, these pieces are just the right pop of color!
The Adizero Tempo 9 Running Shoes are amazing! They are comfortable and really provide the support I need. They are made for half-marathon and fast running training. Using them on a threadmill or elliptical is a breeze. And the color? Yes it’s funky, but take it from me, if I wanted a bright hue for a shoe these would be it! The dark violet complements any outfit of any color…believe me! I absolutely love these!
Another favorite are the Adidas Wildcharge Training Sunglasses. They do not slip even when I am sweating! They are lightweight and have great large coverage of my eye area. I love that they are mirrored lenses too because it adds that extra pizzazz to my workout gear!
And believe it or not the Supernova 7/8 tights is the first time I am wearing tights that nearly reach my full leg. I was not sure if skin tight leg gear would look good on me since most of my workout pants are the ‘yoga-style’ wide leg pants. But I am definitely loving these! I like that the waist has a cinch to make it fit better.
As for the performance strappy tank and halter bra, they are basics that I can wear for a very long time! The strappy tank is great when I layer my outfits, whereas I can wear the halter bra by itself (truth be told I may not be brave. But it is a motivation to try and get a flat belly first!). Because I have a tall frame I was not sure if the halter bra would reach my shoulders. But it does work, but just a little tight. I got the Large size, which is their biggest. But overall the fit was doable.
If there was one thing I could wish for again from Adidas is to add either a gym bag or a jacket to be included. Previous boxes have had these, so I am not sure why Adidas is holding out. Maybe they want subscribers to continue on with a higher probability of offering them in their Winter 2017 box.
Would I want to find out? Of course! For the stuff I am receiving paying a mere fraction of the retail cost why would I not want to continue? This saves me rummaging through Adidas sales, gets me the latest and limited-edition gear, and everything is at the convenience of having the items shipped directly to me.
Are you an Adidas Avenue A subscriber? Which of the contents of the Fall 2017 box did you like?