Spaghetti alle Vongole is one of my favorite pasta. I happen to love the recipe of the nearby Ameci’s because their version of the Vongole has the perfect white wine and olive oil sauce combination. Here is sharing with you my version of this dish:
- Fresh Razor or Manila Clams
- Spaghetti Noodles – 6 ounces
- Olive Oil – 6 table spoons
- Diced Garlic – one clove
- Red Crushed Peppers – 1 teaspoon
- White Wine – 1/4 cup
- Parsley – 2 tablespoons
- Extra: Diced Olives, Button Mushrooms, and Spinach leaves
(1) Cook the Spaghetti Noodles al dente.
(2) Saute the diced garlic with the olive oil over medium heat until the garlic is golden brown. Add the red pepper flakes. And in a few seconds add the white wine. Let it simmer for 20 seconds.
(3) Add the fresh razor or manila clams. I prefer to add them without the shell to make sure I have thoroughly cleaned the clams. Change the heat to medium-high. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
(4) Add the extra ingredients, such as diced olives, button mushrooms, and spinach leaves. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
(5) Serve the Vongole sauce over a bed of spaghetti noodles. Enjoy!
I love this dish with a glass of white wine, either a Zinfandel or Chardonnay. This dish takes less than fifteen minutes to make so it makes an easy dish to prepare for any spontaneous dine-ins! I usually make enough so that there are no leftovers as this dish is best served the day it was made. Reheating this dish makes the clams hard and overcooked.
Have you made Spaghetti alle Vongole before?